There was so much hope for the electric supercar, but with producers such as Shelby shelving their plans for the Ultimate Aero EV, there has been great scope for unknown and manufacturers from yesteryear to step up and provide us with these top 5 electric supercars.
- K1 Evelio is a concept car that was unveiled at the 2011 British Goodwood Festival of Speed, it can go from 0 to 60mph in 3.2 seconds making it not only a frighteningly quick electric car but one of the fastest cars on the market.
- Lotus Exige-based Nemesis produced and built in Britain, this sporty little supercar is not a Tesla but a product of Ecotricity. This one of a kind vehicle can reach speeds of 170 mph, get to 100 mph in just 8.5 seconds and can outstrip not only the Tesla Roadster but also V12 Ferraris.
- Rimac Concept_One as the name suggests, this vehicle is one supercar that is truly unique in design. The powertrain is something that no other electric vehicle has and Rimac has worked extremely hard in order to bring a supercar to the market that is sophisticated in its engine design and how it drives as it is beautiful to look at, whilst managing to balance efficiency with responsiveness, regenerative braking and high torque.
- Bristol Cars EV though it is technically still in the design phase and has been for the last four years, the classic British car manufacturer is working in conjunction with Frazer-Nash Research in order to bring what promises to be one of the most innovative electric supercars to the market.
- Lightning GT is currently being upgraded and a new and exciting model is set to be revealed in 2015. Powerful, beautiful, the new offering from Lightning is not only going to move as its name would suggest but offer customers a choice of a battery that charges at an ultra fast rate or provides a longer range.
To find out mroe about Super Car Insurance visit http://www.insurancerevolution.co.uk/super-car-insurance/