- Insurance Revolution makes it easy to get insurance
- Affordable cover for when you really need it
- Call our UK based call centre for a competitive quote
Truck and HGV Insurance For Haulage
If you earn money by delivering goods in your van or lorry, you will need to take out HGV insurance for haulage or courier insurance by law.
For more information about our hire and reward insurance, click here.
What is haulage insurance?
Haulage insurance is a specialist type of commercial insurance that is aimed at vehicles that weigh typically over 3.5 tonnes.
Drivers who take out haulage insurance, or lorry insurance as it is also known, typically deliver very large loads for their customers, and these are usually delivered to a single destination. Some drivers do have multiple drop-offs, however, this insurance is suitable for this too.
What sort of vehicles does your Truck and HGV insurance cover?
In general our truck and HGV insurance covers vehicles that are over 3.5 tonnes in weight. It is advisable to call and speak to one of our knowledgeable advisors who can assist you and let you know if your vehicle fits the criteria as there are many factors. Either way we should be able to find an insurance policy that fits your needs.
Do you offer truck insurance and HGV insurance to self employed drivers?
Yes we do, as long as you have had the relevant licence for your vehicle for 12 months or more we can find an insurance policy for you. Being self employed has many perks, but it also means sorting out your own insurance policy, we would be happy to help you with this.
What does haulage insurance cover you for?
As HGV haulage vehicles and the goods they transport vary from policy to policy, there are a wide range of specialist instances that haulage insurance can cover. These include:
- Haulage vehicle insurance
- Personal injury and illness
- Hazardous goods
- Breakdown cover
- Goods in transit cover
- Courtesy vehicle hire
Keep in mind, if you employ one or more people for your haulage business, you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability insurance.
What can affect the cost of your insurance premium?
When comparing prices it’s important to remember that you are carrying someone else’s goods, so the prices for these types of insurance do tend to be more expensive. The price of heavy goods vehicle insurance can vary depending on a variety of factors. These include:
- The type of vehicle you drive. Larger vehicles tend to be targeted by thieves more often and so the insurance premiums for these tend to be more expensive.
- The type of goods you will be transporting. More expensive and/or delicate goods tend to be stolen or break more often, so these would incur more expensive premiums.
- How much driving experience you have. The more experience you have, the less expensive your insurance premiums may be.
- Where you drive. If you usually drive in areas with major traffic congestion, for example, your insurance premiums may be higher.
- If you have had previous claims. If you have a history of previous claims it can affect the price of your insurance. Claims usually only need to be disclosed for 3-5 years, depending on the insurer, so this is not something that would affect your insurance premiums forever.
Why choose us for haulage insurance?
Why should you choose Insurance Revolution for your HGV insurance quote? We assess each individual customer’s situation fully, so that we can create an insurance policy that’s been specifically tailored to your needs.
If you have a vehicle which is under 7.5 tonnes in weight, we can offer you HGV insurance even if you do not have an operators license. A no ops license HGV insurance policy may be hard to come by as many insurers do not offer this, but we do. So if this is something you require then you have come to the right place.
We have dedicated and knowledgeable staff who are happy to assist you in answering any questions you may have and finding insurance that fits your requirements.
If you’re looking for affordable haulage insurance, we can help. All of our quotes are competitive, and we strive to find the best prices for each and every one of our customers.
Get in touch today for an affordable haulage insurance quote.